C. Please be advised that these principles do not govern Web sites of other parties to which we may provide only links, as Targamite is not responsible for, and can not control the privacy practices or content of, those third party Web sites.
D. Information Collection and Use.
- Targamite collects, uses and retains personal information when you register with the Targamite Site, when you use Targamite Applications and other services, when you visit Targamite Site pages or the pages of certain Targamite partners, and when you enter promotions. Targamite may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register with the Targamite Site as a member, we ask for your name and email address, plus, in some cases, physical address, telephone numbers, and similar contact information, credit card information or other financial information when you order products and/or service on-line. Moreover, you may be asked to provide additional information, such as birth date, gender, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Some of our members may use Targamite Applications and other services to participate in chat forums which will require the participants to register prior to attending the forum, as well.
- Targamite collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of our various Targamite Applications and other services.
- Targamite may automatically receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address and Targamite Site cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
- Targamite routinely collects information that cannot be identified to a particular individual such as time-stamps and logs events (such as features used, length of viewing, etc.) This data may be used for accounting/billing purposes as well as for performance and optimization of the Targamite Applications and other services.
- Targamite uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for Applications and other services, improve our Applications and other services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
E. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
- Targamite does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
(a) We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Targamite under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Targamite communicate with you about offers from Targamite and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
(b) We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(e) Targamite may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
(f) Targamite does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
(g) Targamite Site advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, software companies, and others).
2. Targamite may work with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- Targamite may set and access Targamite Site cookies on your computer.
- Targamite may let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Targamite’s cookies.
- Targamite may use web beacons to access Targamite Site cookies inside and outside our network of Web sites and in connection with Targamite Applications and other services.
G. Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Membership Information and Preferences.
- You can edit your Targamite Site membership information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Targamite Applications and other services, such as new Application or service announcements, administrative messages and newsletters that are considered part of your Targamite Site membership, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You can termination your Targamite Site membership at any time.
H. Confidentiality and Security.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees, agents and representatives who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide Applications and other services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Further, the only means to utilize and participate in Targamite Applications is through the Targamite Site registration and access process, which should include a password for each transmission. Targamite strongly recommends that all private transmissions be protected by passwords.
I. Privacy Contact.